Friday, April 29, 2011

Punch Art Bride and Groom

Here's the punch project that I mentioned the other day. After this, I don't have anything new to post, so it looks like I need to get to work in my studio! Have no fear, I have to come up with some new projects for my stamp club and my punch classes, so I'll find something to do. Besides, it's just about time for the graduation projects to start coming and I already have one of those semi-planned in my head. I'm also planning some mini albums and some My Digital Studio projects, which means I'll probably have lots to post I'm sure. Wedding season is on the way and I wanted a wedding project for my customers, so we made this card in my April punch class. I like the punched "bride" and "groom" but I thought they might be a little too cute for my taste until I made this card. That may seem like a strange comment, given that I do make what some would consider to be cute projects, it's just that I don't like wedding and cute together. While the idea of the punched "bride" and "groom" is very cute, this card is anything but cute. I think it's quite an elegant card, and I'm so happy with the end result. I'm thinking it's the combination of the Basic Pearls, Designer Series Paper, and the Decorative Label Punch that give this card its formal look. What do you think? Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Occasional Quotes
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, & Basic Black Card Stock, Neutrals Patterns DSP Stack
Accessories & Tools: Decorative Label, Full Heart XL, & Star XL Punches, Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslits, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Big Shot Machine, Basic Pearls, 1/4" Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, & Mini Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment