Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm Still Here

Sorry I haven't been around lately. The last few weeks have been kind of crazy for me, so I haven't had time to post. I haven't even had time to do the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenges that I love to do and I've really missed doing them. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to do the new one this weekend.

I had a vendor table at a bridal show a couple of weekends ago so I was busy preparing for that. I'll post some photos of the bridal show projects over the weekend. Since the bridal show, we've taken a trip to Connecticut for a music festival, and we also had a music festival to attend here at home. Aside from that, it's just been the general day-to-day stuff that has kept me busy.

This weekend, we have a birthday party, so I'm trying to get ready for that. I've been attempting to make a snowboarder out of fondant and/or gum paste for the birthday cake. Notice I said "attempting." I've been decorating cakes for years and even taught classes, but I've never made figures; it's not as easy as I thought it would be. If I ever manage to get it done, I'll post a photo for you to see. In the meantime, here is a photo of a cake that I made a few years ago. It was for a school Christmas party for one of my children. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment