Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Wedding Invitation Fit for a Vampire

I finally got back to making some more wedding invitations and favors today. My daughter took one look at this and told me that it looked like Bella and Edward's wedding invitation, so that's just what I made. For those of you who aren't familiar with Bella and Edward, they are the main characters in the Twilight books. Edward is a vampire, and Bella is the mortal with whom he falls in love. I used grosgrain ribbon for this project. I personally think that the satin ribbon is more formal-looking, but I was out of Real Red Satin Ribbon. Thanks to my upline Christina Crawford for the directions for this style of invitation. It's very simple to make. You take two 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" pieces of cardstock and score one at 1/2" on one end and 2 1/4" on the other (Christina's directions call for scoring at 2 1/2", but I wanted my flap to fall in a different place when the invitation was closed). You then trim the corners on the 1/2" scored section and attach it to the bottom of the non-scored piece of cardstock. You fold up the 2 1/4" section and secure the sides of it with Sticky Strip, adding any accent paper prior to putting on the adhesive and adhering it. You print and decorate your cardstock with the wording and secure it in the center of the non-scored cardstock. Does that make sense? If not, you can check out this video that Christina made. This invitation can also be made into a square format simply by changing the cardstock sizes. Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: None
Inks: None
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black & Real Red Cardstock, Night and Day Specialty Paper
Accessories & Tools: Sticky Strip, 5/8" Red Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment