Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Filled with Love Valentine

Here's another Valentine's Day card that I made. This one was based on Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 95. Like the last two cards, I used the Patterns Designer Series Paper. For this card, I used a paper pack that contained only Pretty in Pink and Real Red. It was something that was available through Valentine's Day only, but the same colors can be found in the regular stacks. I just LOVE these paper stacks! If you don't own them yet, you need to fix that. Unlike the retired Patterns DSP Packs, the new ones have only 4 patterns rather than 12. Also, they are available in 40 sheet pads with 10 colors in each (5 in the In Color stack) instead of 12 sheet packages with only one color. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I didn't like the old version, it's just that most of the time, I found myself using either the dots or the stripes, so I have lots of leftovers in the other patterns. With the new paper stacks, there are 4 sheets of each color; 2 of the sheets have the stripes on one side and 2 of them have the dots on one side. Do you think Stampin' Up! was reading my mind? Haha! Probably not, but it works for me. You can't see it in the photo, but I used the Paper-Piercing Tool to pierce a pattern in the lower right corner, but it really didn't show up well with the patterned paper and it's covered by my watermark. Oh well. Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Filled with Love
Ink: Real Red
Paper: Real Red & Whisper White Cardstock, Love Patterns Paper Pack, Real Red & Green Galore (retired) Markers, Paper-Piercing Tool, Silver Brads, Real Red 1/2" Sending Love Epoxy Brads (retired), Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment