Friday, February 25, 2011

I Know it's the Wrong Season But...

I wanted to share this card, even though the time for Christmas cards has passed. Of course I could say that I'm just getting a jumpstart on next Christmas, but I'm not sure how many of you would believe me. This is a card that I did with my stamp club before the holidays. I used Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 90 for this card. I think that one of the things that I liked best about it is that I used non-traditional Christmas colors. The other thing that I like about this card is how the tree branches were made. The branches are not actually a stamp of tree branches, they were made using the large evergreen tree from the Lovely as a Tree set. I simply stamped the top of the tree onto the cardstock with the rest of the tree off the cardstock and voilĂ , tree branches! This was a fun card to make and the pearls added a nice touch to the ornament. Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Tags til Christmas, Short & Sweet, Lovely as a Tree
Ink: Night of Navy & Garden Green
Paper: Almost Amethyst (retired), Whisper White, Garden Green & Night of Navy Cardstock, Almost Amethyst Prints DSP (retired)
Accessories & Tools: Scallop Edge Border & Word Window Large Punches, Silver Cord (retired), Basic Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment