Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cupcake anyone?

I have a thing for cupcakes...cupcake stickers, cupcake stationery, cupcake stamps (of course). They're just so darn cute! No, I don't have them all over my house, but I do love them. Anyway, I recently purchased a set of fake cupcakes ~ that's right, the cupcake in this photo isn't real. I wanted to make some samples using the cupcake wrap from the Perfect Setting Die, but I wanted to use fake cupcakes rather than real so that I could take them to workshops and other events. Isn't it adorable? I used some die cut stickers from the Love Sparkles Simply Scrappin' Kit, since I had some left over from a class that I had last weekend. The pink hearts are covered with glitter, including the one on the pick. I used Heat & Stick Powder to adhere the glitter to the hearts. If you haven't used the Heat & Stick Powder, it's really easy. I covered the hearts with VersaMark Ink, then sprinkled them with Heat & Stick Powder (you might want to use a rubber glove, because the VersaMark can be kind of sticky). After they were covered with Heat & Stick Powder, I used my Heat Tool to melt the powder, then I covered it with glitter & heated it again. If you're heating something small like these hearts, it's best to use a toothpick or wooden skewer to hold it down while you're heating it so that it doesn't get blown away by the Heat Tool. That's it!

Stamps: None
Inks: VersaMark
Paper: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip & Whisper White Cardstock
Accessories & Tools: 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, Perfect Setting Die, Heat & Stick Powder, Heat Tool, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Love Sparkles Simply Scrappin' Kit, Toothpick

No comments:

Post a Comment