Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sweet Pea Flower Trio SSSC51

I did this card for two challenges. The first is Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for this week. The second challenge is one that was given by my team leader Jan. She challenged everyone on our team to "stop hoarding" all of those wonderful accessories that are in the Stampin' Up!® catalogs. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am so bad when it comes to hoarding accessories. I just have a difficult time bringing myself to part with some of them, but I've been getting much better at using them as you can probably tell by looking at my posts. They don't do any good sitting in a package on the shelf; they look much better when they're actually used on a card, scrapbook page or some other project. I used some of the new Sweet Pea Stitched Felt pieces for this card because, as I told my teammates, they are definitely a potential hoarding danger. Did you notice that I said potential? That's because they're really cute, but the package is now open so I might actually use them all. Aren't they adorable? A friend of mine asked me if I had made the flowers. Yeah right (I think she was kidding). Not that I couldn't do it mind you, it's just that I don't have the time. When I first made this card, I simply stamped a greeting in the lower left corner, but it was really bugging me that I hadn't been a little more creative with how I did the greeting, so I HAD to go back and fix it. That's just the way I am. I like this version much better. (smiles) Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!

Stamps: Short & Sweet
Ink: Old Olive
Paper: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink & Whisper White Cardstock, Rose Red & Old Olive Patterns DSP
Accessories & Tools: 5/8" Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, 1/16" Circle Punch, Sweet Pea Stitched Felt, Vintage Brads (Antique Brass)

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty little card!! Love those super cute felt flowers!! Great job with sweet sunday sketch 51!


    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fantastic! Yes, you can't hoard all this wonderful eye candy!! Share it with us - haha! Fabulous job with the sketch this week - thank you so much for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the look of this card

    ReplyDelete