Sunday, March 6, 2011

Merci, Sweet Sunday Style

I don't know why, but I'm having camera issues today. Even with the lighting, my photos are looking very dark. I've changed the aperture, the shutter speed, the white balance; everything it seems. Nothing has worked. Rather than spend the rest of my day messing with all of it, I decided that it's good enough as it is. This way, I can get my post done for tomorrow and spend the afternoon relaxing or doing something fun. I used Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 107 for this card. If you visit Karen's blog, you'll see that she very nicely put the measurements that she used for this sketch in her post. Of course me being me, I didn't read the entire post before starting my card, so I had to fuss with things a bit in order to get a size that worked. For my card, the small rectangles are 1-1/4" x 1-1/2" (this measurement is for the cardstock, the Designer Series Paper is 1-1/8" x 1-3/8"). I'll admit that I made a little mistake when I made this card and I'll tell you, even though you can't see it. I originally stamped "merci" on my Very Vanilla Cardstock, but it was crooked. Not wanting to waste the cardstock, I decided to use the label punches and ribbon to cover up my mistake. It's actually better than it would have been had I not made the mistake, so that's one mistake I'm happy to have made. I guess that cloud had a silver lining. Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Chic Boutique
Ink: Soft Suede & Baja Breeze
Paper: Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede & Crumb Cake Cardstock, Elegant Soirée DSP
Accessories & Tools: Scallop Edge Border, Word Window Large & Modern Label XL Punches, Crumb Cake 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card ... it looks flawless! :)

    ReplyDelete