Monday, March 28, 2011

Signs of Spring

Just when I thought the weather might actually be nice for a reasonable period of time, it got cold again. I thoroughly enjoyed the warm days that we had a week or so ago but now that it's back to freezing, I'm a little dissatisifed. Having lived in northern New England since birth, I should have known better than to be optimistic when it comes to Spring weather here. As Mark Twain once wrote, "If you don't like the weather in New England, just wait a few minutes." Isn't that the truth. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Winter (yes, I really did just say that), it's just that this one has been particularly long and at this point, I'm so over it. I'm longing to go out for a walk without having to wear 10 layers of clothing, to put the hammock out in the back yard so that I can relax and read (while soaking up the sun), and to work in my flower beds which were painfully neglected last summer. While inspecting the flower bed in front of our house on one of the recent warm days, I spotted the smallest shoots of green indicating that my daffodils and hyacinths are planning their return. It doesn't seem that they will be making an appearance any time soon though, so I guess I'll have to make do with stamped flowers instead, and I'll continue to remind myself that Spring truly is on its way. Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Wagon Full of Fun (retired) Ink: Black StazOn, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight & Crumb Cake Paper: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip & Certainly Celery Cardstock, Sweet Pea (retired) & Brights Patterns DSP Stacks Accessories & Tools: Paper-Piercing Tool, Aqua Painter, Certainly Celery 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Earth Elements Buttons (retired), Pretty in Pink Sending Love Epoxy Brads (retired), Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

(ETA: It seems my earlier spacing issues were browser issues. Once I used another browser, I was able to fix things)

No comments:

Post a Comment