Thursday, March 31, 2011

Two Kinds of Cupcakes

I'm still on my cupcake kick - I'm pretty sure I always will be. I made some cupcakes last week for my daughter's TA (for those of you who don't have children in school, a TA is basically a homeroom). I made a cake for her birthday and I had just enough batter and icing left to make cupcakes for her to take to school. Cupcakes ~ breakfast of champions! I'm totally kidding, although they really did eat them in the morning. I would have preferred it if the kids had saved them 'til lunch, but I knew that wasn't much of a possibility once they left the house. Can you imagine giving a group of teenagers cupcakes in the morning and telling them they HAVE to wait until lunch? I shudder just thinking about the protests. Anyway, my cupcakes haven't only been the ones with sugar, eggs, and flour as you can see by my project for this post. I wanted a card for an older sketch challenge and this is what I made. This Build a Cupcake Punch is sooo cute ~ I used it last week for a different project with my stamp club and my customers loved it! The striped paper I used for this card is from a retired Simply Scrappin' Kit. Sometimes I'm ready for products to retire, but there are other products that I can't get enough of and this kit is one that I definitely miss. The colors in it are "my colors" and the paper adds a sense of whimsy to this card. To create the border, I simply punched cardstock circles and glued them to the rick rack. It's such a fun card and it was oh so easy to make. Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Whimsical Words (retired) Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose & So Saffron Paper: Whisper White, Choclate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose & So Saffron Cardstock Accessories & Tools: Build a Cupcake XL Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen, Non-Stampin' Up! Die (for rick rack), Love Sparkles Simply Scrappin' Kit (retired), Choclate Chip & Regal Rose Markers, Sponge Daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment